Every four years, the Elliot Clan Society holds a gathering of the clans in Scotland.
Date: August, 2013.
Location: Redheugh, Roxburghshire, Scotland
- Thursday, Aug 29 – Officers Dinner (by invitation only)
- Friday, Aug 30 – Open House at Redheugh. Barbecue. Formal Gathering. Evening ceilidh.
- Saturday, Aug 31 – Holm Show. Our local Agricultural Show takes place in Newcastleton.
- Sunday, Sept 1 – Expedition to Flodden Battlefield with guided tour and lunch.
- If you would like to visit the Clan Room in Redheugh, please confirm availability by calling +013873-75213.
Tickets – Now Available!
- There have been about 250 people at past gatherings.
- Children of any age are welcome.
- Photographs are permitted at Hermitage Castle and also in the Clan room.
- Weather in Scotland is never predictable! It may be warm and sunny; it may be cold and wet.
- Wet-weather gear is essential in Scotland at all times of the year.
- Wear as much Elliot tartan as you can muster!
- Current and forecast weather conditions in Carlisle (about 40 minutes from Redheugh)
- Newcastle Airport — 1 1/2 hours away.
- Glasgow — two hours away.
- Edinburgh — two hours away.
- To get to Redheugh, you will have to hire a car.
- Google map and directions from Edinburgh airport to Redhuegh.
- Newcastleton is a rural community with bad public transport and you will need a car. You will not, however, be able to park your car at Redheugh on the day of the Gathering as there will be a shuttle bus operating from Douglas Square, Newcastleton (approx. 2m away) all day.
Events and sightseeing
- There are many hotels and B&Bs nearby. If you would like help with accommodation please contact us and we will try to find you a location.
- Hotel and B&B list. [.pdf] Updated Feb. 4, 2013.
- Special parking passes available on request.