Every four years, the Elliot Clan Society holds a gathering of the clans in Scotland.
Date: Wednesday, July 22, 2009
Location: Redheugh, Roxburgshire, Scotland
In addition to the gathering, there will be an evening Ceilidh.
If you would like to visit the Clan Room in Redheugh, please confirm availability by calling +013873-75213.
- There have been about 250 people at past gatherings.
- Children of any age are welcome.
- Photographs are permitted at Hermitage Castle and also in the Clan room.
- Weather in Scotland is never predictable! It may be warm and sunny; it may be cold and wet.
- Wet-weather gear is essential in Scotland at all times of the year.
- Wear as much Elliot tartan as you can muster!
- Current and forecast weather conditions in Carlisle (about 40 minutes from Redheugh)
- Newcastle Airport – 1 1/2 hours away
- Glasgow two hours away.
- Edinburgh two hours away.
- To get to Redheugh, you will have to hire a car.
- Google map and directions from Edinburgh airport to Redhuegh.
- Newcastleton is a rural community with bad public transport and you will need a car. You will not, however, be able to park your car at Redheugh on the day of the Gathering as there will be a shuttle bus operating from Douglas Square, Newcastleton (approx. 2m away) all day.
Events and sightseeing
- There are many hotels and B&Bs nearby. If you would like help with accommodation please contact us and we will try to find you a location.
- Special parking passes available on request.
- If you have photos of the 2009 event, please contact us — we’d love to have some event photos to post!